Thursday, March 21, 2019

Video: Investiture of a Contemplative Dominican Nun

Hello friends,

I've been looking at many different communities around the internet and their social media pages.  I came across a beautiful little community of cloistered Dominican nuns in Lockport, Louisiana.  There is a small Xanga page with their contact information.  Other than this page, they don't have any social media or info that I can find.

I did, however, find this short news clip that beautifully showcases the investiture of a 19-year-old girl in their community.  This is a rare look inside a traditional Dominican cloister.  I hope you enjoy!



The Dominican Nuns of the Monastery of the Heart of Jesus in Lockport, Louisiana are in full communion with the Roman Catholic Church, accepting all Magisterial teachings and directives.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing! St. Dominic is my confirmation saint so I looove him. If my vocation is religious life I would most likely enter a Dominican convent. If not, I would love to become a 3rd order dominican.

    ~Ceci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! How wonderful! St. Dominic is pretty awesome! I'll be sharing about another Dominican community soon and I'm sure you would love them. God bless you, Ceci! Thanks for commenting too! <3

    ReplyDelete