Saturday, January 27, 2018

Trust In God


I just bought this traditional calendar of Saints from the Sisters, Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary for 2018!  It's absolutely beautiful containing images from the day to day lives of the sisters paired with quotes from the Saints.


January's quote has become my theme for this month and especially this week.

"May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be." ~St. Therese of Liseux

Not only is it wonderful that this calendar is starting off the year with a Carmelite, one of my Confirmation Saints, and favorite Saint, St. Therese, but this particular quote really applies to what I'm going through right now.  I'm anxious and impatient.  I want to go out into the world and do something.  I know I need to do what God wants, but I haven't figured out what that is yet!  I need to get my driver's license and then a job, but since I can't drive myself to do those things, God is teaching me dependence, patience, and contentment.  This quote reminds me that what I'm doing today, is what God wants me to do.  I'm at home doing chores, taking care of my family who are all sick with the terrible flu, and helping with the local Students for Life group.  It is certainly not easy to wait for God to show me His will.  It is rather difficult.  I want to be able to know if I'm going to college or entering a religious community next year, but that is not what God has in mind.  So for now, I'm waiting on His timing (still a little impatiently).

Always trust our Good God, my friends.  Trust that if you obey your parents, teachers, and directors, if you listen to His voice, then He will show you what you are supposed to do and where you are supposed to be.

Of course, doing the right thing will not always be easy.  Even this discontentment is a possible indication that you're doing the right thing.  A wise friend told me recently that if you are following what God wants you to do, the devil will not be pleased and will attack you.  The devil doesn't try to drag down sinners, as they are already in his clutches, but he will try to distract you and make you despair.  Don't despair.  Trust God always.


6 comments:

  1. I'm feeling very discontented, anxious and impatient too - ever since August, really. It's better now that I'm home, but I still feel that I need to get my life together.

    The Calendar is so pretty! I loved this post, Sarah!!

    Catherine
    frugallyfancyfarmlass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way. Please know that you're in my prayers and God is working everything out... in His timing! Thank you, Catherine!

      God bless you and keep you!

      Delete
  2. This is positively beautiful, Sarah, and exactly what I need to hear at my season of life right now. I, too, am in a year between high school and college (assuming college is what the fall has in store) and feeling rather stuck. What a beautiful quote! I think I need to print it out and hang it in my room somewhere. :) Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Megan! Thank you so much! I'm glad you can relate. We're never stuck if we seek God's will. (It often does feel that way though, doesn't it?) That is a great idea! I hope it can help you.

      God bless you!

      Delete
  3. I know what you're talking about! I, to, am in this transition time of my life. I'm near the end of my "gap year" between high-school and college....I'm trying to figure out what to do (I'm seriously thinking of a degree). I also have my "future" vocation on my mind, as well. It's a lot to think about! I do need to remember to trust in God. Just trust!

    Thanks for writing! May our Holy Lord Jesus bless you!

    Sincerely in Jesus,

    Emma
    Gloria-In-Excelsis-Deo-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Emma! We're in this together then. I pray God guide you in your decisions! Yes, always remember to trust God! That's the best we can do even though we may not understand or agree. I'm very glad you enjoyed this and thank you for reading.

      God bless and keep you!

      Delete