Saturday, March 16, 2019

"I Thirst!"


"I thirst."


"There cometh a woman of Samaria, to draw water. Jesus saith to her: Give me to drink. For his disciples were gone into the city to buy meats. Then that Samaritan woman saith to him: How dost thou, being a Jew, ask of me to drink, who am a Samaritan woman? For the Jews do not communicate with the Samaritans. Jesus answered, and said to her: If thou didst know the gift of God, and who he is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou perhaps wouldst have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water." (John 4:7-10)

"The wonder of prayer is revealed beside the well where we come seeking water: there, Christ comes to meet every human being.  It is He who first seeks us and asks for a drink.  Jesus thirsts; his asking arises from the depths of God's desire for us.  Whether we realize it or not, prayer is the encounter of God's thirst with ours.  God thirsts that we may thirst for Him." (CCC 2560)

"If you knew the gift of God!" (John 4:10)

"Prayer is the response of faith to the free promise of salvation and also a response of love to the thirst of the only Son of God." (from CCC 2561)




"During Holy Mass, I saw the Lord Jesus nailed upon the Cross amidst great torments.  A soft moan issued from His Heart.  After some time, He said: I thirst.  I thirst for the salvation of souls.  Help Me, My daughter, to save souls.  Join your suffering to My Passion and offer them to the heavenly Father for sinners.  (Diary of St., Faustina, 1032)


“He has so much need of love and He is so thirsty, that He expects from us the drop of water that must refresh Him! Ah! Let us give without counting the cost.”  ~St. Thérèse of Lisieux



No comments:

Post a Comment