Saturday, December 2, 2017

Vocation Highlight!

Today I wanted to ask you to please pray for a young woman who just entered the Carmel of Jesus, Mary, & Joseph in PA.  She explains the calling to cloistered religious life very well!  You can read a full interview with her at the link below.

On November 30th, Jade Banks entered the Discalced Carmelite Monastery in Elysburg, PA. One of the profound influences on her life was St. Elizabeth of the Trinity, whose mother wanted Elizabeth to marry instead of entering religious life. Jade said: "The profound statement I am about to mention next is when I instantly knew that I was being called. All the men at the military ball one evening told Elizabeth's mother: 'We can’t marry her, look at her face...she is already taken.' I realized being called to the life of virginity is for one reason and one reason alone, to console the Beloved Jesus, to be His spouse. To 'lay down my life for my friends', for my Jesus."




4 comments:

  1. I read the full article. What a beautiful and inspiring story! Sure answered a lot of little questions I had about Carmelites!

    Catherine
    Working by Candlelight (frugallyfancyfarmlass.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did so for me as well! Glad you liked it!

      Delete