Friday, January 5, 2018

Today, I Choose...

I decided to cross post this from my other blog...


Today, I choose to be good. 

I choose to be kind.

I choose to love.

I choose to strive for Heaven.

Every day we must make this choice.

It is not an easy choice.

We may make mistakes.

We may fall into sin.

But each day, each hour, each moment, we must start anew and choose to follow Jesus.

"Then Jesus said to his disciples: If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." ~Matthew 16:24 DRB


This will not be easy.  It will not always be fun.  But this is what Our Lord has called us to do each and every day.  Let us start each and every day, especially in this new year, with our morning offering.  Let us make Jesus our first thought in the morning.  Remember, that today is a totally new day.  We can choose this day to start fresh and avoid sin.  



The
Morning
Offering
O Jesus,
through the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
I offer You my prayers, works,
joys and sufferings
of this day for all the intentions
of Your Sacred Heart,
in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
throughout the world,
in reparation for my sins,
for the intentions of all my family and friends,
and in particular
for the intentions of our Holy Father.
Amen.


This doesn't mean we will be perfect each day we choose to be good.  It doesn't mean all of our day will be without sin or sorrow.  But this is just a way to help us strive for perfection.  We must make an active effort to follow Jesus.  If we make mistakes, we must turn to Him with a contrite heart, confess our sins, and start again.  Jesus will help us.  We are a fallen race and so are attracted towards sin.  But with the Grace of God, we can strive to rise above our human nature and strive to reach the divine.


Today, choose to follow Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment